CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Shin Shin’ core operations do not market products or services in Bangladesh, therefore their social sustainability philosophy is based more on social intent rather than economic focus. There is a decentralized framework, where control of CSR activities is given to the Divisions / Strategic Business Units, under an over-arching focus on education, health, sport and environment to uplift living standards and create positive change. Operating in rural settings, infrastructure development has always been a key need in resource poor communities.
CSR programs in brief
- Donation to hospitals, School, local community & underprivileged people.
- Student Scholarship for employee baby.
- Annual Picnic/ Cultural Programs.
- Winter clothes distribution.
- Employee Marriage Anniversary celebration.
- Employee performance award.
- Long time/short time loan provide to employee.
- Blood for life-an innovative voluntary blood donation program.
- Relief aid in natural disasters.
- Tree plantation program.
- Vaccination for pox.
- Patronization of merit.
- Celebration of wedding & birthday.
- Festival gift & greetings for staff of all religions.
- Celebration of Pahela Boishakh-Bangla New Year.
- New Year’s dinner/lunch.
- Iftar party in the holy Ramadan.
- Transport facilities for the workers and staff.
- Skill development programs.
- Environmental and eco-friendly activities.
- Innovative approaches for women empowerment.
- Employment for people of disability.
- Medical service to staff & Workers.